On February 3, 2020, the U.S. Department of Commerce released its preliminary determination for the First Administrative Review (AR1) in antidumping duty (AD) and countervailing duty (CVD) investigations of imports of certain softwood lumber products from Canada.
The final determination by the US Commerce Dept on Canada’s softwood lumber duty rate was supposed be in August but was delayed until November. At that time duty rates could be lowered to:
- 9.08 per cent from 23.56 per cent for West Fraser
- 4.63 per cent from 20.52 per cent at Canfor
- 15.84 per cent from 17.90 per cent at Resolute Forest Products
- 4.32 per cent from 9.38 per cent at J.D. Irving
- 8.21 per cent for “all others”.