After taking over the two Klausner sawmills in the USA, Binderholz is moving significantly closer to number 1 in Europe.
On December 10th, the Tyrolean company Binderholz also took over the second Klausner location in the USA (see article Binderholz also wins Klausner auction No. 2 and for over 83 million US $ – Binderholz acquires Klausner Lumber Two ).
The group now has a total of nine sawmills: one in Austria (Fügen), four in Germany (Baruth, Kösching, Oberrot, Wolfegg), two in Finland (Lieksa, Nurmes) and two in the USA (Enfield, Live Oak). According to the company’s own statements, the plan is to produce 5.2 million m³ of coniferous sawn timber annually at these nine locations.
The Binderholz cutting figures for the individual locations (plan 2022):
- Fügen / AT: 1.1 million cubic meters / year
- Baruth / DE: 1.8 million cubic meters per year
- Kösching / DE: 1.1 million cubic meters per year
- Oberrot / DE: 1.1 million cubic meters per year
- Wolfegg / DE: 0.3 million cubic meters per year
- Lieksa / FI: 0.9 million cubic meters per year
- Nurmes / FI: 0.4 million cubic meters per year
- Enfield / US: 1.0 million cubic meters per year
- Live Oak / US: 1.0 million cubic meters per year
In total, this results in a cut of 8.7 million cubic meters per year.
Nothing will change (for the time being) about the top 10 softwood lumber producers. Stora Enso remains number 1 with 5.69 million m³ (2020 plan).
|Lined up according to plan 2020 in 1,000 m³|
|Rank 2019||Companies||Head office||Number of sawmill||Plan 2020 *|
|2||Binderholz + Klenk Holz + 2 US sawmills||AT||9||5,200|
|10||Rettenmeier wood industry||DE||5||1,900|
The post Top 10 sawmills in Europe: Binderholz close to number 1 appeared first on Timber Industry News.